Input Product Quantity Doubled in Released Planning Model
SAP Business Bydesign All Versions.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Planning and Production Master Data Work Center.
- Go to Production Models View.
- Show all and search Production Model ABC (ABC stands for Production Model ID).
- Click Open Released Planning Model.
- Click Structure Tab.
- You can see that the input product DEF (DEF stands for product ID) has quantity equals to 2 ea.
However, if you check the Bill of Material XYZ of Production Model ABC (XYZ stands for Bill of Material ID), the input product DEF has quantity equals to 1 ea.
The Production Model has the scrap factor maintained as 10%, which leads to increase in Input Quantity: 1 ea / (1 - 10%) = 1.11111111...
Since Planning always rounds up the input quantity, according to your displayed decimal setting maitianed for Unit of Measure (i.e. for unit of measure "ea", the dispalyed decimal is 1) the instead of 1.1111111.. ea, its rounding off to 2 ea.
This is system standard behavior if you want to maintain the scrap factor. Otherwise, you could remove the scrap factor in the production model.
Input Product Quantity, Production Model, Released Planning Model , KBA , AP-PMM , Production Model Management , How To