Target Group contains duplicate members.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
This is the same for both static and dynamic Target Groups, the example below is for a dynamic TG.
Go to the Sales Campaign work centre.
- Go to the Target Groups work view.
- Create a new target group with member determination enabled.
- Go to the Member Determination facet.
- Add a new
- Maintain determination.
- Configure the Target Group.
- Verify on the Member facet that the same contact is determined more than once and it is related to different accounts.
Because of this, when you add this target group to a Sales Campaign, the contact will receive the campaign for each time that it is defined on the target group.
This behavior is caused, for exampple, by dynamic target groups where the contact is based on marketing attribute conditions. All the contacts with their associated accounts will be added which have the same marketing attributes maintained.
The system verifies the unique relationship with contacts - not the email address associated to it.
This is the current system behavior. The condition that the user had maintained is returning correct result in dynamic target group.
If you need that the the contact defined is not duplicated, you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by the Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html .
You can contact the Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder.
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right-hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer Ideas Forum to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer
SAP Admin Guide - Configuring Dynamic Target Groups
Target Groups, Campaign, Dynamic, Contacts, Account. , KBA , LOD-CRM-MKT-CAM , Campaigns , How To