- Error "A resource with that name and type already exists in the folder." appears when trying to import file (story, folder, model) in SAP Analytics Cloud with "Update existing object" option enabled.
- When using the option "Drop Objects" importing is successful, but dropping all the objects, models will remove the already defined access rights as per Creating an Import.
- Error observed in Console tab: "Nothing to import. - Error".
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story in user’s private folder (My Files) on "test - A" system.
- Copy the story to the public folder.
- Export the public story from test system "test - A".
- Import the objects exported from "test - A" into a "production - B" system.
- Go back to “test - A” and delete the story from the public folder.
- Do some changes to the private story and copy it again to the public folder.
- Export the public story.
- In "production - B" tenant, import the newly exported story with “Update existing objects…” option.
- Observe the error after the import process is done.
- Under step #5 above, the story in the public folder of the test tenant - which has been exported from system "test - A" and imported to system "production - B" - has been deleted.
- Thus the story ID has been changed after re-publishing into the public folder, therefore the objects can't be overwritten in the "production - B" system and error message is shown.
Solution 1: If the story was deleted in the source system, then please follow the below:
- After you have exported from test tenant the public story and imported it into the production tenant, instead of deleting the source story in the public folder and making a copy of the original story with new update, do "SaveAs" from within the original story and replace the copy in the public folder with the new version.
- That way, if we export this story again, the exported version will preserve its old ID but with the updated content.
- Importing this new version into the production tenant with "Update Existing Objects" import option should update the previously imported story accordingly.
Solution 2: If the story & object exists in the source system, and the issue is only coming with newly created objects after the recent update then the issue is under investigation by development.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem