What is difference between <edit-template id="sysAllUserDirectorySetting"> and <edit-template id="sysVisibleUserDirectorySetting"> in the Data Model and BCUI
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- Employee Central -BCUI
- The UDF can have certain specific set of standard fields and out of those fields, if you want to have only specific fields or want to change the order of those fields in UDF then you can add those fields under sysAllUserDirectorySetting
- sysVisibleUserDirectorySetting: the main use of this template is for configurating fields under Directory (inside Company Info) and also it provides visibility to standard fields in the drop-down under Configure People Profile
- This means there could be 100's of standard fields but those fields you won't be able to add in People Profile as they won't be visible in the drop-down of People profile UI and on adding those fields under sysVisibleUserDirectorySetting you can view those fields under drop-down and then can add them in People profile.
- Go to Manage Business Configuration > Employee Profile > View Template > sysUserDirectorySetting > sysVisibleUserDirectorySetting > add 'custom field or standard field' and save
Go to Provisioning > Import/Export Data Model > Export the Succession Data Model and navigate down to the block <edit-template id="sysAllUserDirectorySetting">
<label>User Directory Setting(Visible)</label>
<description>User Directory Setting(Visible)</description>
<standard-element-ref refid="custom field or standard field"/>
Step: Grant RBP (Role Base Permission)
- log in to instance
- Open the Permission Role for user whom you like to grant access to custom field or standard field.
- Click on Permission
- Click on Employee Data and Grant permission to (Edit or view):custom field or standard field
- Click on Save Changes.
Step: Configure People Profile
- Go To admin Tool- Configure People Profile
- Click on Block: Personal Information
- Go to your Right to: Edit Block: live Profile User Information
- Scroll down to the bottom - add field
- Select custom field or standard field
- 2576599 - View Template Section in Manage Business Configuration Tips and Tricks
- 2643327 - Missing 'Company Exit Date' Field in User Profile for DRTM
- 2363922 - How to create an HRIS Sync Mapping between an Employee Central field and an Employee Profile Using Userinfo Element field
- 2088061 - Data Model: VisibleUserDirectorySetting Controlling Field Visibility - Platform
Data Model, sysAllUserDirectorySetting, sysVisibleUserDirectorySetting, UDF, Configure People Profile, basic import, BCUI, Manage Business configuration , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) & Data Models (XML) , Problem