- There is a type of SFTP access which does not require the user to provide a password, in order to connect to their SFTP directory.
- This is accomplished by the customer generating the SSH key from their server, this key will have 2 parts, a private key and a public key. The customer retains the private key on their server and provides the public key to SuccessFactors.
- How do I create automatic feed without password into Success Factors?
- How to connect to SFSF hosted SFTP servers using the SSH Key.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Generating SSH Key:
To generate the SSH public and private key pairs, please refer to KBA 2518009 - Configuring SFTP for SAP HCI: Generating Key Pairs
Another option is to follow the below URL: https://www.ssh.com/ssh/keygen/
Uploading SSH Key:
To upload the SSH Key on SFTP, please contact your Implementation Partner since they have access to the section 'Install SSH Key for SFTP' available in the below page:
Once the information is filled and submitted, a reference JIRA number will be given and a notification of completion will be sent as soon as the task is done.
Note: If you do not have an Implementation Partner, please submit an incident under the component LOD-SF-PLT for the technical team to proceed with the SSH key upload in the SF SFTP account.
In the incident you need to provide:
- SFTP Account Name:
- SSH Key attached:
- The Public Key must be provided in .pub or .txt format otherwise we are unable to install it.
- Make sure to specify the SFTP username that you want the public key installed on.
- If you are requesting for both test and production instances, please provide both SFTP usernames and specify which public key you want installed on each one.
- SFTP usernames must be created and provided to Customer Support before you request SSH access.
Both public-key and password authentication can be used on the same server. If public-key authentication fails, it will go to password authentication.
SSH public and private key pair, upload SSH Key, import, install keys on SFTP, public key, SFTP Passwords, SFTP keys, Password less, Passwordless, Key Exchange, SFTP Accounts, FTP, SFTP credentials, RSA, SFTP Certificates, SFTP Connection, SFTP failed connection, , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-FTPS , SFTP Account Creation, Reset Password & Install SSH Service , Problem