- When you try to create Asset Master Data in the Create Asset Master Record app the error "Fiscal year variant XX is not defined for calendar year XXXX" is raised.
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Enter the Create Asset Master Record app.
- Enter the company code and asset class.
- Hit enter to create and error is raised.
- This error can be caused by Asset Legacy Transfer Date not being set for the company in the Make Company Code Settings app.
- Please enter the transfer date in the Make Company Code Settings app.
- In test script J62, you must satisfy the prerequisite mentioned under the Prerequisite - Preliminary Steps - Validate Asset Accounting System Readiness section. You must confirm that the Takeover Date is filled before starting AA testing in the Legacy Data Transfer section.
- Please use the app Make Company Code Settings - Asset Accounting-Specific and maintain LDT segment for company codes
- Note After the initial content activation is finalized, you must define a take-over date. This defines the current fiscal year and last closed fiscal year in Asset Accounting. The takeover date is critical for system processing, as it identifies the point in time that old asset values are loaded. For Cloud systems, this is usually the prior year end day. For example, if the system is in FY-2017 and the company is on a standard calendar Fiscal Year, the TAKEOVER DATE is 12/31/2016. Caution This implies the loading of old legacy assets is as of the Year End 2016.
Legacy transfer asset FGV002 FAAT_CMP FAAT_CMP_LDT Fiscal year variant K4 is not defined for calendar year 2001 cloud , KBA , FI-AA-AA-A , Master Data , FI-FIO-AA , Fiori UI for Asset Accounting , FI-CNT-AA , S4H Best Practices for Asset Accounting , Problem