Under the scenario below, temp buffers could be not released:
- Run a query several time in the same connection sesssion an monitor the temp cache usage with: select name, value from sp_iqstatus() where name like ' Temporary IQ Buffers:';
You see the "Temporary IQ Buffers Used and Locked" numbers increase, execution after excution of the query
- When "Temporary IQ Buffers Used" number is closed to -iqtc, the numbers will plateau
- Open a 2nd connection and run the same query a few times, you will start seeing "Insufficient buffers for sort" error
- Exit from connections 1 and 2
- Open a new connection and run again: select name, value from sp_iqstatus() where name like ' Temporary IQ Buffers:';
You will see the same plateau numbers as before, the temp buffers are not released
- Only recycling IQ will free the temp buffers
SAP IQ 16.0
CR815322 ; CR3#815322 ; 815322 ; -iqtc ; iqtc ; locked ; used ; blocks ; temporary ; reboot ; recycle ; recycling ; , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.