While creating an Ad Hoc report you try to filter the result for a Picklist field and notice you cannot find the value from the filter search result.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Ad Hoc Reporting
- SAP SuccessFactors Report Center > Report - Table
Reproducing the Issue
- Home > Reporting > Ad Hoc Report > Create an ad hoc report (e.g. RBP Permission to User domain)
- Go To Filter Tab > Select a Field which is Picklist (e.g. Permission) > By My Selection > Search for a value (e.g. Address 1 Edit)
- The Search does not fetch the value Address 1 Edit
- If you preview the Permission field values the Address 1 Edit is available
The Auto-Search on ad hoc filter (By My Selection) does not display all values for picklist and when the number of values in Picklist field is more than 200.
This is a know limitation of the Ad Hoc Reporting tool and cannot be changed/altered.
1.) As a workaround you can use the page navigation to find the desired value. e.g. Address 1 Edit
If the desired value (Address 1 Edit) is not available even by navigating to the next pages make sure the below provisioning option is selected.
Note: Such option should be configured only by Implementation Partner & Professional services after understanding the impact of such option on the current functionalities.
- Select Sort Picklist Columns Based On Labels
2.) Another workaround is using the ORD tool instead and using Detailed Reporting as the data source of the report since this is a known limitation of the Ad Hoc Reporting tool.
Note: Detailed Reporting tool and Ad Hoc reporting tool share the same data source which is Live Data.
By My Selection search, Filter search, Report Values, Ad Hoc, Ad-Hoc, AdHoc, Report - Table, Filter, 200 , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , Problem