The following error message is shown when importing a field with more than 256 characters, "Data value too long"in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
The Dimension is defined as a MEMO (Varchar2) with up to 2000 characters in Oracle Database
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018
Reproducing the Issue
Login to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant
- Select any datasource which includes a field which contains more than 256 characters
- In the data integration phase, check the data quality
- Observe the error
- This is currently behaviour by design and the maximum character length is 256
Ensure the dataset imported does not exceed 256 characters
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, value too long, lenght, comment, field, , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem