When invoicing multiple invoice requests, there is no option to change the sorting of line items.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to the Customer Invoicing workcenter.
- Select the Invoice Request view.
- Select multiple invoice requests that you want to invoice together.
- Create a customer invoice.
The line items from the invoice are not sorted as you expect.
Business ByDesign uses four conditions for sorting line items and sorts them as follows:
- Comparison for invoice and credit memo item if scoped:
- Invoice line item.
- Credit memo line item.
Ascending order for the invoice request ID:
- Invoice request ABC (ABC represents ID of an invoice request).
- Invoice request DEF (DEF represents ID of an invoice request).
- Invoice request type in this order:
- Sales order invoice request.
- Service order invoice request.
- Service confirmation invoice request.
- Outbound delivery invoice request.
- Customer project invoice request.
- Customer contract invoice request.
- Manual invoice request.
- Manual credit memo request.
- Down payment invoice request.
- Correction invoice request.
- Scheduled invoice request.
- External customer invoice request.
- Rebate credit memo request.
- Line item on invoice request in ascending order:
- Invoice request line item GHI (GHI represents ID of an invoice request line item).
- Invoice request line item JKL (JKL represents ID of an invoice request line item).
If you invoice a sales order invoice request with ID XYZ (XYZ represents sales order invoice request ID) and a service order invoice request with ID XYZ, you will receive the following application of logic:
- There are only invoice items.
There is a comparison of ID - in this case both have the ID XYZ.
- Sales order invoice requests are chosen before service order invoice requests.
- In this case, the line items from the sales order are listed before the items from the service order in the invoice.
This is the expected system behavior.
A manual adjustment of the sorting is currently not available.
Sorting, Line Items, Invoice, Invoice Request, Sortieren, Rechnung, Rechnungsanforderung, Positionen , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , How To