You experience issues using charts within a story. This guide will help you identify possible root causes.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Simplifying the chart is the best way to identify the root cause. These are some of the first steps to try:
- Create a Table widget alongside the Chart using the exact same model, linked dimensions and structure as the Chart and verify if the values are refreshed.
- Explore the measures directly using the Data View to avoid interference of filters and other specific chart features.
Quick Win: Use the Controls tab to identify which story, page or widget filters are active.
- Copy the chart to a new canvas page (tab) and try to remove as much as you can the measures, dimensions and active filters.
Cause: This message is likely due to a problem with the underlying model(s) used in the story.
- If you have multiple models, test one by one using the Data View option.
- If you are using Live models, verify that the connection to the data source works as expected.
Cause: This message is displayed when the chart encounters an unexpected exception during rendering.
To speed up troubleshooting, capture the following information using Chrome Developer tools (F12 or CTRL+Shift+I using your keyboard):
- With Chrome Developer tools open, attempt to refresh the specific chart that fails.
- Expand the error being thrown and capture the entire stack trace.
- Attach these traces to the Product Support incident along with any data on the structure/formatting settings of the chart.
Cause: This behavior could be due to a multitude of reasons, but it's highly likely a component at a lower level (InA provider) has changed and now returns different data:
- Start with the first steps to troubleshoot.
- Identify if the artifact consumed has changed: Calculation View, CDS view, etc.
- Compare the data retrieved using other tools if possible: HANA Design studio, Lumira, etc.
Cause: The story was likely saved when the chart was in an error state.
- Refresh the story.
- Verify that all widgets are no longer in an error state.
- Re-save the story.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
chart, widget, bars, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , How To