- Does a Support Pack or a Patch reset the registry key values?
- Do we have to re-apply all the custom registry settings after installing a product update?
- When installing a product update to Crystal Reports, does it reset custom values of registry entries set for Crystal Reports, to default values?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- On a computer where Crystal Reports is installed, customize the values of a registry key to change the behavior of a Crystal Reports functionality. ( For a list of registry keys used to customize Crystal Reports, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 2165260 )
- Install a Support Pack or Patch to Crystal Reports.
Does it reset the custom values set in the registry to a default value after applying the Support Pack or Patch?
- When applying a Support Pack, or Patch to Crystal Reports, all the registry keys values will remain to the custom values you set. In other words, it will not reset the registry keys to default values, and therefore, you will not have to modify the registry keys again.
CR, Crystal Report, cr regkey , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016