- No cross-tab border.
- Cross-tab lines missing in the exported report.
- When exporting a report from Crystal Reports to MS Word Editable, the cross-tab borders are missing in the generated document.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert a cross-tab on the report.
- When refreshing the report, notice the cross-tab borders are displayed by default.
- Export the report to: "Microsoft Word (97-2003) - Editable"
- In MS Word, open the exported document, and notice there is no borders.
- When exporting a report, not all functionalities available in Crystal Reports can be translated in the format the report it is exported to due to the format not having the functionality, or due to limitations of the format or driver, or the intend of the exporting format.
- Cross-tab borders is not a supported feature when exporting a report to "Microsoft Word (97-2003) - Editable" format, because it is designed to enable easy text editing of the document, and therefore does not use box, nor tables, but tabs to align the information to look like a cross-tab. This is why there is no cross-tab border in MS Word.
- Export the report to a different format, where the cross-tab borders is supported, like:
- Microsoft Word (97-2003)
CR, xtab, crosstab, xport, MS Word Editable , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016