Long response times (3+ minutes) are experienced during various activities:
- Opening the F4 Search Help dialog (not restricted to any particular transaction).
- Launching a web-based client
- This list is not exhaustive, any action which interacts with Enterprise Search can lead to these symptoms
Tracing the issue using ST12 reveals the following call stack profile:
(To arrange the trace in this manner, click the Runtime Analysis On line and then the Time split hierarchy top-down button)
The important observations of this trace are:
- METHOD CL_ESH_RUBU_MEM=>GET_DATA is called once (or few times)
- METHOD CL_ESH_RUBU_MEM_MAIN=>GET_INSTANCE is called many times (compared to GET_DATA)
(which subsequently called the CONSTRUCTOR)
SAP NetWeaver software component:
SAP_BASIS 751 up to and including SP-level 06
SAP_BASIS 752 up to and including SP-level 02
CL_ESH_IF_MDATA_CONNECTOR=>CONSTRUCTOR ESH: Accesses to search-related metadata take takes a long time , KBA , BC-EIM-ESH , NetWeaver Enterprise Search , SV-PERF , Performance Problems , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.