- You'd like to perform custom attribute mapping in SAP Analytics Cloud according to Mapping SAML Attributes to Users.
- 'invalid characters' in the attribute name when mapping SAML user attributes from Custom SAML IdP to SAC.
- Attribute values contain characters such as : / \ and therefore not able to make the mapping work.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018
- Custom SAML 2.0 Identity Provider
Reproducing the Issue
Login to SAC
- Go to Security > Users
- Click on the 'SAML Atribute mapping' icon on the right-hand corner
- In the 'SAML attribute' field, the attributes from Azure will be retrieved automatically
- Notice the attribute name is in a URL format
- Select the matching target property and click 'Save'
- The error: Invalid characters
- SAP Analytics Cloud doesn't support special characters in the attribute name
- Update the attribute name manually in the claims and ensure it doesn contain any special characters such as : / \ -
- Change the claim rules from URL syntax to Simple syntax.
- In case you would like to use special characters in attribute names please vote for this idea on the Customer Influence site: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/209998
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, load, idp , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem