When you preview a Financial Data source you may see one or more of the errors listed below:
Unexpected error on period-dependent action.
- Contract violation: No data but end_of_data <> tru (data source name)
- Error reading the data of datasource
- Failed to open report "Internal Server Error" - report an incident.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Analytics Work Center.
- Click on Design Data Sources under the Data Sources sub view.
- Search for any financial data source e.g. Fixed Assets and individual Materials Values and click on the Preview button.
- Click on GO.
- You will receive one or more of the above errors.
For finance data sources, parameters such as Company/Set of Books/Fiscal Year Variant/Key Date etc.. are mandatory.
When a financial data source is previewed in Business Analytics these mandatory selection parameters are not applied and in return the data source will not fetch any data.
As financial data sources cannot be previewed it is best practice to check in the Design Reports section of Business Analytics if there is a report based on the data source you want to preview.
They are available in list of data sources in Business Analytics only to be reused in custom data sources/custom reports.
Data source preview, Design Data Sources, Reports, FIN, Finance, Data Source, mandatory , KBA , design report , data source , SRD-FIN-ANA , Analytics Content , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem