You are trying to simulate Journal Entry for Supplier Invoice and the error message is shown as No Functional area could be assigned.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing Work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Show All Documents and Find Supplier Invoice XXX(Here XXX represents Supplier Invoice ID)
- Select the Supplier Invoice and Choose Edit.
- Go to View All.
- Go to Actions and Simulate Journal Entry.
You have not assigned a Default Functional Area in Fine Tune Activity Settings for Income Statements by Function of Expense and Earned Profit Analysis.
Even if you have assigned an Account Determination Group for Product or Service that is used in Supplier Invoice and the G/L Accounts are assigned to the respective Account Determination groups the error message still occurs when you have not set any Functional Area as default in your system.
Maintainning Default Functional Area is one of the Prerequisities for postings to be done.
Kindly follow the below steps in order to assign Functional Area as Default in Business ByDesign system.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Show All Projects and Find the Relevant Project.
- Select the Project and Go to Open Activity List.
- Go to Fine Tune and Find the Activity Settings for Income Statements by Function of Expense and Earned Profit Analysis.
- In this Activity ,Select Edit functional areas.
- Select the Default Checkbox against any Functional Area.
Once this is done,you can simulate the Journal Entry for Supplier Invoice and it should be successful.
Default Functional Area, Functional Area Determination , KBA , no functional area could be assigned , functional area determination , default functional area , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem