The label set for the field effectiveStartDate does not appear on the PP3 (People Profile Page)/ UI.
The label set in the UI screen for effectiveStartDate field does not take effect on the Profile.
The field effectiveStartDate has been removed/hidden from the Object/ UI but is still being displayed on the Profile.
- Difference between mdfSystemeffectiveStartDate and effectiveStartDate field.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Metadata frameowrk (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
1) Create a effective dated custom MDF object. Also create a UI screen for that object.
2) Configure that UI screen in PP3 as a Live Profile MDF Information portlet.
3) Update the label of the field "effectiveStartDate" in the Object or in the UI.
4) The field on the top still shows the label as "When would you like your changes to take effect?"
The label of the field effectiveStartDate is hard coded and cannot be changed on MDF portlet on PP3.
The label of this field cannot be overridden over the PP3 portlet. No matter what label is configured in the UI screen or on the object definition, this field's label will always appear like: "When would you like your changes to take effect?" in PP3.
- This field is Mandatory in effective dated MDF objects and hence it should not be set to Not Visible Or Read Only using field level override either.
- This field should not be removed from the object. If you remove the field effectiveStartDate from an effectiveDated object, system adds it back with name "mdfSystemeffectiveStartDate".
- Fields "mdfSystemEffectiveStartDate" and "effectiveStartDate" are both the same. The difference in the NAME comes from the fact whether or not if the object was an effectiveDated object from the very begining. (when it was created) or not.
=> If the object was created as an effective Dated object (Basic) at the time of creation - Then the field name is effectiveStartDate.
=> If the object was created as non-effective Dated object (None) at the time of creation) - Then the field name is mdfSystemeffectiveStartDate.
EffectiveStartDate field has been hard coded to contain the current system date by default. But if you want to set any other date value in this field :
=> You will be able to do that only using a Save event MDF business rule.
=> OnChange rule cannot set a value in this field on the runtime.
Metadata Framework, mdfSystemeffectiveStartDate, effectiveStartDate, label, PP3, MDF, MDF UI , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , Problem