- Sometimes users have a need to extract job requisition descriptions, however, this action is not possible using an ad-hoc report.
- In the past, this action could be accomplished just by using SFAPI.
- See KB article 2253326 - Create Report to Include "External Job Description" within a Job Requisition for more information.
With the advent of Integration Center and the addition of some specific entities to handle the job description, the user can use the Integration Center to accomplish this task.
This KB article explains the steps to make this extraction a file.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All Versions
In order to extract all job descriptions, follow the steps below:
- Open integration center > my integrations > Scheduled Simple File Output Integration:
- Select the JobRequisitionLocal entity and select all the fields that you want to include in the file. If you want to make a simple extraction, just use the External/Internal job description and the job requisition id.
Here is a preview of how the information will be extracted:
Pay attention to the format displayed here. Since it is an extraction directly from the database, it will also contain the HTML tags that format the content in the browser. There is no way to extract the description without this information.
- Provide the desired name, add a filter as required*, and set the SFTP information. This information will be used to save the output file:
On the screen above select the file extension, and a suffix as the date, to help organize the files in case you need to extract this file more than once.
- After configuring everything, save the integration and go to the Review and Run tab. Here review the SFTP information where the integration will create the file. If everything is correct, just click Run.
When the execution is completed, you will have a file with all the job requisition descriptions.
Note: Due to the entity limitation, there is no way to filter the information based on the attributes of the job requisition entity as status, etc. You will only be able to filter the information on the fields presented in jobRequisitionLocal as Job Req Id, for example.
KB article 2253326 - Create Report to Include "External Job Description" within a Job Requisition
Job description extraction, requisition, RCM, SF, success factors , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem