This article explains the Site Banner, a feature for RMK (Recruiting Marketing) configured in CSB (Career Site Builder)
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
- Career Site Builder
- In the General tab, you can turn the site banner off or on. If a customer does not have locations or job postings outside the US, you may not need to enable the site banner.
- In the Localizations tab, you can edit the default translations or text for the site banner. This tab only displays default text for locales enabled for the site in Command Center.
- In the Main Styles tab, you can choose colors for different elements of the site banner. These color selections are independent of the selections for the rest of the site.
In order to edit the Site Banner text use the following steps:
- From Admin Center navigate to Manage Career Site Builder
- Click on Global > Settings
- Click on Site Banner > Localizations
- Click on the text you'd like to edit. Notice you've a text defined for each locale enabled in your site
- Edit the text
- Click on Confirm button
- Click on Save button
- If the candidate chooses to dismiss the banner, then the banner will be presented again at the next session.
- The user's decision to accept or dismiss the banner does not affect the cookie settings themselves as these are essential cookies which are necessary for the site to function.
- Rejecting the banner does not stop the navigation to the site. If the users do not want essential cookies to be dropped then they cannot use the site and should stop doing so. The text of the banner should explain this.
Data Privacy considerations :
- Our recommended configuration is to use only server session based cookies on the website. These are stored on the server and connect to the user’s browser only during the session.
- All the RMK cookies that are dropped when accessing the RMK site are essential cookies.
- Also note these do not contain any type of tracking or user PII information.
- All these points comply with the latest Data Privacy guidelines.
- For third party non essential cookies the choice is on the customer to determine if the controls they have available are sufficient to allow them to deploy whatever 3rd party tools with cookies they are after on their site. SAP cannot advise on this as it is software that we do not own or maintain. Any request to change the product in order to better support these third party cookie use cases would be an enhancement request (see process outlined in KBA 2090228 - How to Submit Enhancement Requests for SAP SuccessFactors Products)
- Note that enhancements to the cookie banner have been marked for Long-term Consideration by Product Management with a next update in Q2/2021. See ideas 242745 and 222932 on the influence portal.
2090948 - What cookies are used in RMK career sites