On creating New Contact, it is not possible set gender field as blank.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Customers work center.
Go to the Contacts view.
Click on the New button to create a New Contact.
In the New Contact window, maintain Title as Mr. and value under mandatory field Last Name as XYZ1(where XYZ1 is last name for contact).
You can see the Gender field get determine as Male .
If you manually remove the Gender as Male, an error Gender 'Not defined' does not match the form of address Mr. is trigger
This is expected system behavior.If you want to have keep gender as blank, you need to maintain custom title in Business Configuration.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Open the Fine tune Activity and search for activity name General Business Partners.
- Open General Business Partners and click on link Maintain Titles.
- Here you can maintain the Z title with Description (for e.g. Description as Mr i.e. without dot after Mr , as you can see standard Mr title is followed by dot as Mr.).Now for this Z title as Mr - keep the gender column as blank .
- Save and close the activity.
Now if you create New Contact with Title as Mr and Last Name as XYZ1 , the gender field will remain blank without an error.
New Contact , Gender blank , Gender not known , Title , KBA , maintain titles , general business partner , gender not defined , LOD-CRM-CON , Contact , Problem