What is it?
- We have added a total compensation planning template which provides planners with a view into total cash compensation for improved decision making.
- This simplifies configuration of salary, stock and bonus (variable pay) into one plan template with a consolidated set of admin tools increasing admin efficiency.
Why is this important?
- Provides the optimal landscape to easily review employees’ entire financial reward – both monetary and stock-based.
- Provides easier administration with combined set of compensation and variable pay admin tools.
- Makes it easier to see total compensation amount without running multiple reports from multiple areas.
- Variable Pay
**Please take into consideration the following when using FBP (Field Based Permissions) in Total Compensation templates**
- It is recommended these permissions do not change while forms are launched. Doing this can cause issues with the display of data
- Should there be a requirement these permissions need to be edited while forms are live, then please download the current template xml before making any FBP changes
This can be downloaded from Plan Setup> Settings> Advanced Settings where the changes can be made afterwards.
This change in permissions may still cause an issue on the form(s) however you may use the saved copy to directly update the xml via provisioning.
While saving this in provisioning Executive Review will show all the correct data. However, please ensure all worksheets are created using a single mass create or one worksheet launch job.
- Below is a workaround for this scenario which is being fixed in B2005 under CMP-21582.
- Forms are launched with FBP enabled, reportable columns set etc.
- Verify the data in the forms and executive review display are per the configuration defined in the template and there are no column alignment issues.
- Download the template xml and save this as a backup from Plan Setup> Settings> Advanced Settings once this has been checked following form launch.
- This will be a capture of the template configuration (snapshot) from the time of launch which is the essential for this workaround to correctly work.
- If there is a need to make changes outside of column designer, please following the instructions as outlined here.
Ideally, there should be no changes to configuration once forms have been created. However, if any such changes are required outside of column designer, please make sure you download the template xml and make a copy of this.
- Once you have this you may continue making changes in column designer for your required columns and save.
- Go to executive review, view the data and you may see there is a misalignment of data. For example, the data from column B shows in column A.
- Go to provisioning> form template administration> select the template and copy/paste the backed up copy you downloaded earlier into the UI. This can be done through Support, MCC, PS and partners.
- Once you saved the copy/save into the template go to executive review and check if the column alignment has been corrected or other attributes should be corrected.
Additional to this, the above issue will affect any ORD reports (Canvas) you have created for the affected templates using any compensation or variable pay domains.
While using ORD reporting for any templates, it is best practice to ONLY create ORD reports once the template configuration has been FULLY finalised.
Please also note, if we do have any configuration changes that resulted from optional Step 4 above, this might result in changed XML from Step 4 that is different from the snapshot of worksheet XML from Step 3.
In this case, we need to manually compare XML between Step 3 and Step 4 to come up with the right XML that can be applied in Provisioning.
Ideally, we should not run into this situation. But if we do run into this situation, please seek assistance from Support or engineering so that we can help with coming up with right XML to be applied in Step 7.
**Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental**
SAP SuccessFactors Variable Pay
- SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
total compensation, variable pay total compensation, compensation total compensation, total plan, cmp-16960, total cmp validations, compensation validations, CMP-20416, action for all plans, add templates from action for all plans, template creation, ad new template, CMP-21579, ORD reports, column misalignment, canvas reporting issue, canvas report column alignment , KBA , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , LOD-SF-VRP , Variable Pay Programs , LOD-SF-CMP-TOC , SuccessFactors Total Compensation Management , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.