You check the expense indicator in the service master data, but the checkbox is grayed out.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Services view.
- Open the Service XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Service).
- Go to the Sales Tab.
- Select the respective Sales Organization used in the Sales Order.
- You can see that the item group is an expense item group.
- Navigate to the General tab.
You can see that the Expense indicator is not checked and cannot be activated.
Once the service master data saves, it is not possible to activate the expense indicator anymore. The activation is only possible before the first save.
The reason why the indicator cannot be activated after the first save is due to the fact that the service has been used which affects other scenarios and lead to inconsistencies.
This is the expected system behavior.
You have to create a new service if you need to activate the expense indicator and block the old service.
1714641 - Error Message "Item X: Service product and item type code do not match. Check your service master data to ensure that you have not defined a service product with an item category group for expenses, or vice versa.
Service, Expense, Category Group, Master Data, ByD, item type code do not match, expenses , KBA , SRD-MD-PRD-SRV , Service , Problem