You have the Logistics Area ABC only for restricted stock, so you set the Logistics Use of ABC as Restricted Stock. You have entered a quantity of product XXX on Logistics Area ABC, however the stock is not restricted.
ABC = Logistics Area ID.
XXX = Product ID.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supply Planning work center.
- Select the Stock Overview common task.
- Enter the Product XXX.
- Select Go.
Notice that there is a quantity in Logistics Area ABC and this quantity is not with the Restricted box checked.
To check if the Logistics Area is for Restricted Stock:
- Go to the Supply Chain Design Master Data work center.
- Select the Locations view.
- Search for the Site which the Logistics Area ABC is in.
- Select the Site which the Logistics Area ABC is in.
- Choose Edit Layout.
- Find the Logistics Area ABC.
- Select the Logistics Area ABC.
Notice that the unique Logistics Use set for Logistics Area ABC is Restricted Stock.
In the Location layout, you can define the Logistics Use as Restricted Stock for the Logistics Area ABC. The Logistics Use definition is for the purpose of logical division only. It will not make any product in Logistics Area ABC as restricted stock automatically.
Whenever you do a Post Goods Receipt, you need to select the option as Yes for the Restricted Stock field to make the stock as restricted and unavailable for usage.
LoA Restricted Available Stock , KBA , restricted , location , loa , SCM-APO-MD-LO , Location , How To