You have created a Sales Order XYZ (XYZ represents the Sales Order ID) for a Product PPP (PPP represents the Product ID) which you currently do not have in your Warehouse, and have released the Sales Order to Logisitics Execution by forcing Confirmation, but when you go to the Supply Planning Work Center, and open the Product Planning Details view, you cannot find the Sales Order XYZ. As a result, the Customer Demand is not considered during a Planning Run, and hence no Proposal is created.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Supply Planning work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Find and select the Product PPP in the Planning Area MBA (MBA represents the Planning Area ID).
- Click the Open button.
- You can see that the Sales Order XYZ is missing in the Supply and Demand List.
Currently, you have set up the system to consider the Confirmation Date of the Sales Order during Material Planning. As the Sales Order XYZ did not get confirm (red traffic light), therefore it is not considered for Material Planning. To have the system consider this Demand for Material Planning, you must change the System Configuration to consider the Requirement Date instead.
- Navigate to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your Implementation Project.
- Click the Edit Project Scope button.
- Go to step 4 Questions by clicking the Next button
- Expand the Scoping element ‘Supply Chain Planning and Control’.
- Expand ‘Supply Planning’.
- Select ‘Material Planning’.
- On the right side of the screen, please check under the Group: Planning Date (2) the question ‘Do you want to consider the requirement date of the sales order during material planning?’. Please note that the question ‘Do you want to consider the confirmation date of the sales order during material planning?’ will be deselected through this action.
- Save your changes.
Supply, And, Demand, Matching, Sales, Order, Supply, Planning , KBA , demand , supply , and , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To