- Big white gaps between text.
- More page appears in the exported document than in Crystal Reports.
- Large empty space appears on report exported to RTF format from Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source.
- Add a database field to the Details section that contains a large amount of text.
- Export the report to RTF format.
- Open the exported report in MS Word.
- When scrolling through the pages, notice there are large white spaces in the document that does not exist on the report in Crystal Reports.
- This issue has been tracked under SAP Note 2032341
- White gap appears in the exported document due to the page breaks.
- The export to RTF format was enhanced in the following product updates and above:
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Service Pack 6 - Fix Pack 6.5
- Crystal Reports 2011
- Support Pack 09 - Patch 6
- Support Pack 10 - Patch 1
- Support Pack 11
- Crystal Reports2013
- Support Pack 04 - Patch 2
- After apply the support package or patch, crystal reports print engine will minimise the line spacing of page break symbol, so there will be enough space for a text object even if the distance between each frames is quite close.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013