How to enable the SFAPI/OData API Audit Logs to capture all request and response payload logs from API calls that are reaching your SuccesssFactors instance.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- OData API
- Go to Admin Center > API Center
- Click on Audit Log Settings
- Select the API which you need to capture the logs (OData and/or SFAPI) and click on "Enable All Payloads" button
- This will enable all payloads in the incoming API calls for the next 4 hours. After 4 hours, the option will be disabled automatically and the additional payload logs will stop being recorded. You can check when exactly this will occur by looking at the "Expires at:" note:
- After enabling the payload logs, you will be able to download all possible logs by following the instructions of KBA 2694943 - How to download API logs on SuccessFactors.
Note: When RAL (Read Access Logging) switch under Admin Center > Manage Audit Configuration is off, "Enable all Payloads" option would enable audit logs for all operations (Read/Write) and for all status (Success/Failed). More information on RAL switch can be found in KBA 2620724 -  [Data Protection and privacy Compliance]: Read Access Log (RAL) functionality.
A detailed explanation of the API Audit Logs is shown on the Enabling API Audit Logs page of the OData Developer Guide.
Audit Log Setting, Enable All Payloads, OData API Audit Log, SFAPI Audit Log, API Center, api logs, enable logs, , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT-EC , Employee Central SFAPI & OData Entities , LOD-SF-INT-CE , Compound Employee API , How To