Error Message: Serial Numbers are not allowed for product XYZ when creating Outbound Delivery from Third Party Request
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Third-Party Logistics work center.
- Go to Third Party Request view.
- Show all and search Third Party Request ABC (ABC stands for the Third Party Request ID).
- Click New Outbound Delivery.
- Go to line items tab.
- In the serial number sub-tab, Enter serial number OPQ (OPQ stands for the serial number).
- Click Check consistency
- Error message: Serial Numbers are not allowed for product XYZ (XYZ stands for the product ID).
Serial Number Profile of product XYZ is Mandatory on Transfer to/from Customers. This will ensure Serial number in case of outbound /inbound deliveries where customer is involved. In the current example Third Party Request: ABC is a Stock transfer request hence preferred profile shall be: Mandatory on Transfer to/from Customers, Suppliers and Sites.
Go to Product Data work center.
Go to Materials view.
Show all and search Product XYZ.
Click View All.
In the General Tab, select Serial Number Profile as 'Mandatory on Transfer to/from Customers, Suppliers and Sites'.
3PL request, 3PL Outbound Delivery, Serial Number, Error message: Serial Numbers are not allowed for product , KBA , 3pl request, 3pl outbound delivery , serial numbers are not allowed , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , How To