The Note field for an Open Item is blank in New Manual Clearing screen.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Payables work center.
- Go to the Suppliers > Supplier Accounts view.
- Search for the Account ID XYZ (XYZ represents the Supplier Account ID).
- Select the row of the account and click View (Supplier Account Monitor will open).
- Select the row of one open item which has Note field maintained (for example Invoice ABC with Note DEF).
- Click Clear Manually.
- Notice that Note DEF is displayed in New Manual Clearing screen.
- Unmatch the Open Item.
- Notice that Note field vanishes.
It is the system standard behavior to make the Note field visible only when the item is matched on the Manual Clearing screen (not just the Note, but any other field that creates a Due clearing explanation, for example Cash Discount, Cleared Amount, etc.).
The ideal way to do a Manual Clearing while referring to the Note at the same time would be to filter the documents by Note field in the Account Monitor itself, as follows:
- Include the Note field in the Supplier Account Monitor using Personalization mode (Personalize > This Screen).
- Select single/multiple items that you want to clear by referring the Note in the Account Monitor itself.
- Select Clear Manually, and you'll see that the document(s) selected for clearing would already be matched and the Note field displayed.
Item Details; Note; Clear Manually; New Manual Clearing; Open Items; Matched; Match Items; Unmatch Items; , KBA , item details , note , clear manually , new manual clearing , open items , matched , match items , unmatch items , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To