- When creating job requisitions using position org chart, the user may face an application error.
- Most of the time the error is caused due to data issues, for example, a value that is valid for the position is not allowed in the job requisition, this will cause an application error.
- We will describe how to use the Rules Execution Log to get the values being passed from EC to RCM so the user can check if all values are correct.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
In order to get the values being passed from EC to RCM, we need to first check the rule name in order to set the Execution Log.
In case you do not have access to this feature, check the article 2373153 - Access to Business Rule Execution Log for Rule Tracer UI.
- Go to Admin Center > Position Management Settings
Access the integration tab then copy the rule name for Rule for Mapping Fields Between Position and Job Requisition:
Having the rule name, we have to set the Rule Trace.
- Go to Admin Center > Business Rules Execution Log > Create New > Rule Trace.
Fill all the mandatory fields. Pay attention to the login user you will select, this user has to be the one who will create the job requisition from position org chart. If you choose a different user, the logs will not be captured.
After setting the trace, we need to trigger the Rule.
- Go to Position Org chat > Select a position > Create new job requisition:
Once you have triggered the rule, just go back to the Business Rules Execution and download the logs. You will be able to check the values sent to RCM.
Here is how the Logs look like. It captures every and each rule created to map the fields from position to the job requisition.
If the user faces an application error when creating the job requisition, one of the lines will contain an error and with this file, it is possible to check what is the current value being sent to RCM. With this value, the user can check if it is a valid entry in RCM.
job requisition creation from position org chart, mapping fields between EC and RCM, rule trace, business rules execution log, troubleshooting job requisition creation using position org chart , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-RUL , Recruiting Rule Issues with MDF Platform , How To