This article explains how you can edit the Candidate Proflie data via ODATA API. Due to some requirements, clients need to make changes to some fields or even hide personal data from the candidate profile. This is a common request after a instance refresh (action of copying the production data and configuration to a test/dev/QA instance). Note: These changes will not work if the candidate is already anonymized.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
As an example, we will be updating the name and resume of a candidate. The resume will be just a dummy file.
1. The candidate is already existing in the system in this case, the name and resume will be updated by ODATA API.
2. In order to construct the POST Request, we will need the candidate ID. This information can be found in the Adhoc Reports or in the Candidate Profile itself.
3. Login to the Postman to construct the ODATA API call.
Note: The number inside the () is the candidateId - CandidateLight(candidateId).
b. Properties: These are the field values you want to edit. Check the ODATA API Data Dictionary in Admin Center to see what properties you can update.
- We can see that the call was successful
- Also we can see the changes in the UI (both candidate name and attachment)
In order to construct more calls using ODATA API, please use our ODATA API Reference Guide.
2885326 - How to use Postman on performing ODATA API Requests - Recruiting Management
2817669 - ODATA API Data Dictionary - Recruiting Management
2215682 - Successfactors API URLs for different Data Centers
Candidate, Attachments, ODATA, ODATA API, Data Dictionary, Recruiting Management, RCM, Integration , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To