SAP ASE system runs out of locks during migration or client copy imports.
- SUM DMO
- R3load imports
- Client Copy imports
- SUM nZDM updates
For example - processes have been seen to fail during:
- SUM DMO downtime Execution phase (80%) during SP import batch job - RDDEXECL
- SUM nZDM RUN_CRR_PREPCOL phase
- Core import phase
Examples of errors received:
- Short dumps in TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED
- Short dumps with ASE error SQL12207: ERROR: (SYB) [ASE Error SQL12207][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Could not acquire a lock within the specified wait period. SERVER level wait period=1800 seconds, spid=413, lock type=update row, dbid=5, objid=1432800226, pageno=151185, rowno=0."
- Corresponding ASE database error - SQL1204 - out of locks
Increasing the value of ASE configuration parameter, "number of locks", per SAP KBA 1884542, does not help.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
migration, imports, import, "client copy", SUM, DMO, nZDM, SQL12207, SQL1204, 1204, locks, 12207, phase, TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED, "out of locks", "lock waittime", "lock promotion", "table lock" , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.