You have maintained relationship between the Account ABC (ABC represents your Account ID). And the Business Partner DEF (DEF represents your Business Partner ID) with the relationship type "Has Ship-To Party".
When you create a new Sales Order the system automatically takes the defined Bussines Partner from the relationships of the Corporate Account instead of main address.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Search the Account ABC.
- Select and click on Edit button.
- Go to the Contacts tab and select the Relationships and Responsibilities sub tab.
- Under the Relationships section you maintained relationship type as "Has Ship-To Party" and defined a Business Partner.
- If in the Account master data "Has Ship-To Party" defined, then Sales Order will always pick this Business Partner as ship-to at the header level.
- In case there are multiple Business Partners maintained with the Relationship Type Has Ship-To Party the system will determine the Business Partner with the Main indicator active.
- If none of these have the Main indicator active. In this case the system will pick the first once added as Has Ship-To Party
This is the expected system behavior
Has Ship-To Party ; Sales Order ; Address ; Business Partner , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , How To