You have created a Logistics Area ABC (ABC represents the Logistics Area ID) under Location XYZ (XYZ represents the Location ID). Now you are trying to edit the Logistics Area, and when you select the value help for the field 'Logistics Area Type', there is no other option available except ‘Warehouse’. You expect the system to display other Logistics Area Types like Production Area, Receiving Area, Shipping Area, and Storage Area, but only Warehouse is visible.
SAP Business ByDesign all versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Supply Chain Design Master Data work center.
- Go to the Locations view.
- Find and select the Location ID XYZ.
- Click the Edit Layout button.
- Select Logistics Area ABC.
- Under the General tab, you can see that the Logistics Area Type is Warehouse. If you click on the value selection button to change the type, you can see that no other option is available for selection except Warehouse. You expect to be able to select other Logistics Area Types for the Logistics Area.
In Project Scoping, you have not checked the Question – ‘Do you have warehouses with bin management?’ in Business Configuration work center. You have to activate the Question – ‘Do you have warehouses with bin management?’ to resolve the issue.
- Navigate to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Implementation Project.
- Click the Edit Project Scope button.
- Now, navigate to the Questions Phase of the Project Scope.
- Select and expand the Scoping Element - 'Supply Chain Setup Management'.
- Expand ‘Execution Design’ under Supply Chain Setup Management, and select 'Warehouse and Production Layout'.
- On the Right Side, you can see the Questions for Warehouse and Production Layout.
- Please activate the question ‘Do you have warehouses with bin management?’ under ‘Bin Management in Warehouse and Production Layout(2)’ by selecting the check box.
- You will notice that once the aforesaid check box is selected, the following groups also get pre-selected: Staging areas, Bulk areas, Picking zones and so on.
- Save your changes.
- Now you should be able to select other Logistics Area Types.
Logistics Area Types, Warehouse, Staging areas, Bulk areas, Picking zones, Bin Management in Warehouse and Production Layout , KBA , staging areas , warehouse , logistics area types , picking zones , production layout , bin management in warehouse , AP-LAS-LOA , Logistics Area , How To