When hiring candidates from onboarding or recruiting in Manage Pending hires (MPH) tool, you may see the contact fields being duplicated (Below is an example screenshot)
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Successfactors HCM Suite All Versions
- SAP Successfactors Employee Central (EC) All Versions
- SAP Successfactors Onboarding or Recruiting(RCM) All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into your instance
- Have an candidate from Onboarding or Recruiting that has emergency contact fields mapped available within MPH
- Click hire to try to complete the hire process for this candidate.
- Notice when you get to the Primary Emergency contact section how it duplicates the fields
The cause of the duplication is because certain required fields for the emergency contact are not mapped
For the Emergency Contact section to come up fine in MPH, you need to map at the minimum the "Name" field and "Relationship" Field.
If one of these 2 fields are missing, the system does an incorrect mapping and therefore duplication of fields can occur.
Note that the issue also can occur if you pass an incorrect value from Onboarding or RCM to EC. (For example if you pass a value of "friend" for relationship field and this value does not exist in EC).
Duplication; emergency contact; relationship , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-INT , Manage Pending Hires (Integration RCM/ ONB/ OBX + UI) , Problem