You want to configure the system so that if an employee takes 1 week vacation, it must deduct 7 days from Vacation total balance (including Saturday and Sunday). Or if an employee takes a 4 week vacation, then it must consume 28 days of vacation, including weekends.
SAP Business ByDesign - all its versions.
Currently the system doesn't support this type of requirement.
There is a way to manually manage this, by following the steps below:
- Go to the Time Administration work center;
- Open the Time Models view;
- Click on New;
- Select the 2 - Period model type;
- Fill the ID field;
- Choose the country (if the required country is not available, mark the checkbox "International");
- Click on Next;
- Click on Add Row;
- Fill the Day column with 1;
- Choose a Daily Model ID;
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 for Days 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7;
- Click on Finish;
- Go to the Employees tab under Time Administration;
- Select the employee and click on Edit;
- Go to Time Profile tab;
- Go to Work Schedule under Details;
- Choose the Work Schedule Predefined, which is for using the time model you just created (If you choose Individual, this option will allow you to create a time model that is individual to each employee);
- Select the Time Model;
- Confirm that the column 'Day off' is showing 'no' for each day of the week;
- Save it.
This way, when the employee requests the vacation, the deduction should occur according to your requirement.
vacation time, total balance, weekends, saturday, sunday, employee , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To