Incoming message to C4C via MaterialReplicationInitiatedByExternalIn fails with error 'Activation not permitted; cross-process category missing'.
SAP Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
You are sending Materials from ERP to C4C via MATMAS
- Go to the Administrator work centre.
- Go to the Webservice Message Monitoring view.
- Check the messages with the service interface MaterialReplicationInitiatedByExternalIn and status Application Error.
- You see the error 'Activation not permitted; cross-process category missing'.
1) You are sending Material/Product to C4C without Product Category allocated to it.
2) In ERP, you can create Products without Product Category, but in C4C Product Category is mandatory for every Product
You have two options to fix this issue.
Option 1 :
Send the Product Category from ERP and the message will not fail.
Option 2 :
Enhance the middleware mapping in such a way that if MATKL is empty from IDOC, fill the target field (ProductCategoryID) with a constant (dummy category).
Please also consider the folowing while creating the material:
- From UI: Product Category ID is mandatory.
- From A2X/A2A: Product category is mandatory only if the material will have the active Sales data.
- Product category is not mandatory if materials do not have any active Sales data.
Product Replication; MaterialReplicationInitiatedByExternalIn, Product Category Missing , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-ERP , Integration of C4C with ERP , Problem