- How to export to Unix CSV format?
- How to export report in unix CSV format rather than windows or DOS format?
- How to not have carriage return when exporting to CSV format, from Crystal Reports?
- When exporting to CSV format, a report that contains text that span over multiple lines, it add a carriage return characters at the end of each line. How to have a line feed instead, like in CSV Unix format?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
In Crystal Reports, open a report that contains text that span over multiple lines.
- Export the report to CSV format.
- When opening the CSV file generated, notice there is carriage returns, when the expectation in Unix format is to have line feed instead.
- MS Windows text files traditionally have carriage return and line feed pairs as their newline characters, while Unix text files have the line feed as their newline character.
- Crystal Reports is a MS Windows application, and it exports to MS Windows supported text format. ( CSV is a character separated value text file )
- There is no option to export the line feed in Unix format. Crystal Reports is a MS Windows application and it exports to MS Windows supported format.
export, comma separated values, , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016