When you connect to Odata endpoint/SuccessFactors OData service though the query editor to generate EDMX and XSD files, connection fails with the error: "<entityName>" name pattern not valid.
- SAP Cloud Platform Integration (HCI)
Reproducing the Issue
Connect to OData or SuccessFactors OData service through query editor
OData entities with special characters like hyphen "-" in the entity name is not supported by SAP Cloud Platform Integration.
Follow the steps below to relove your issue:
I. For success factors system:
- Fetch metadata file from the end point service using your web browser.
Provide the credentials to connect to this endpoint using the following syntax:
Username = <username>@<CompanyId>
Password = <passowrd>
2. Search for the hyphen "-" or any other special character in the edmx.
3. If you find a speacial character, then this will fail both in designing iflow project and in the runtime.
4. Kindly follow the steps given in the link below to raise a ticket on the concerned component.
Entity Background_Picklist-One OData metadata content available in the server is outdated or the request payload seems to be incorrect ERP to Employee Central Cost Center Artifact - ERP to Employee Central Cost Center Background_Deeper-levelSystem-supportedTalent , KBA , LOD-HCI-PI-GB , Generation & Build Framework , Problem