- The message "Query is not specified for List Report component" is shown running a report in ORD
- You transferred a report that is working in the source instance, but in the target instance it is not
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Scenario 1: Query was not saved
Go to Online Report Designer
Create a new report
Drag and drop a List Report component to the canvas
Do not add or edit the query of this component (i.e. the component will be empty)
- Click Preview/Run the report
Scenario 2: Report transferring
- Transfer the report that is working in the source instance (e.g. Production) to a target instance (e.g. Test)
- Run the report in the test instance and see the error message "Query is not specified for List Report component"
- Edit the report
- Check that the component is empty, as if no query was available in the report
Scenario 1: The component inside the report has no query (i.e. it is empty)
- The report and the page were created but a component was never added
- A component was added, but a query was never designed in it or was not saved properly
- The report page had a component but it was deleted (accidentally or on purpose)
Scenario 2: Advanced Reporting was not working when the report was transferred
Scenario 1: If you add a report component to the canvas but you do not edit or add a query to it, the report will be blank and this message is expected to be displayed.
To solve the issue please do as follows:
Select the component
- On the left side click 'Edit Query'
- Add an existing query or create a new one
Also, the first time you create a query in a report component, you need to click on Return after saving the query and then clicking OK in the report component. This will attach the new query to the component. If you don't click on Return, even if you save the query, it will not get attached to the component and you will lose the query.
Please note that this extra step is only required the first time you are creating the query.
Scenario 2: Create a simple query in Advanced Reporting to check if it is working. If not, raise a ticket asking to fix the Advanced Reporting tool. Once this is fixed, please transfer the report again.
ORD, Online, Report, Designer, Center, error, query, not specified, component, Canvas , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Centre , How To