You are creating a Purchase Request from a Project for a Time-based Service.
When you create the Purchase Order ABC (ABC represents the Purchase Order ID) from the Purchase Request, you get the error Creation of assignment failed (see parameter MT_INVALID_BPA_UUID).
SAP Business ByDesign, all versions.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to Purchase Orders view.
- Find ABC.
- Select Edit.
- Select Check. No error appears.
- Select Order.
The following errors appear:
- Save failed after performing action.
- Creation of assignment failed (see parameter MT_INVALID_BPA_UUID).
In the Purchase Request created from the Project, the Time Recording Required is active. Upon creating the Purchase Order however, the checkbox is no longer marked because the Scoping in the Implementation Project doesn't allow Time recording on Purchase Orders.
In order to check this scoping, you can:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select a Started Project and Edit Project Scope.
- Go to Questions.
- Open Purchasing - Purchase Request and Order Management - Goods and Services Receipts;
- Find `Purchase Orders with Time Sheet Recordings for Projects`.
This question is not In Scope.
To scope this, you first need to scope the question `Do your project managers procure time-based services for projects?` under Project Management - Project Planning and Execution - Project Procurement.
You can then enable Purchase Orders with Time Sheet Recordings for Projects. You will need to close and reopen your system before creating the Purchase Order successfully.
Purchase, Order, Request, Project, Service, Time-based, Time, Recording, Scoping, Question , KBA , creation of assignment failed , purchase order , project , purchase request , time recording , see parameter mt_invalid_bpa_uuid , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Problem