Premise search Value Help for a new customer does not show values. However, this works as expected for existing customers, already having an associated premise.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Customers work center.
Go to the Individual Customers view.
- Open the customer ABC which is associated with the Premise 123 (Where ABC, XYZ represents the customer ID, 123 and 456 represents the Premise ID).
- Go to the Tickets facet.
- Click New button.
- Click the Value Help for the Premise External ID field.
- Default premise is displayed.
- Go to the Advanced Search, try searching for a different Premise 456 (not associated with the customer).
- The search is possible and results are displayed.
Repeat the same steps for a different customer XYZ, where no premise is yet associated with this customer.
In this case, no records are found.
The search/Value Help for Premise uses ISU_FINDER in ERP to search for the respective Premises.
When a ticket is being created from a customer, the customer is defaulted. However, the provision to search by a different Premise ID also exists. Such a search is successful when the Business Partner is tied to at least one Premise and fails when there are no Premises associated with the Business Partner. This is how the ISU_FINDER behaves.
This is the expected system behavior. To overcome this, you could implement the pre-bAdI ofbadi_cod_util_findprem, and clear the Business Partner ID if a premise ID is specified.
search, no records, premise, individual customer, value help, isu finder, customer, ticket, business partner, , KBA , premise search , premise ovs , LOD-CRM-IND-UTL , Utilities , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , Problem