- The following error message appears in stories in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) & SAP Digital Boardroom:
Unable to retrieve data from the datasource. The maximum number of calculations has been reached. To view this visualization, reduce the number of calculations.
- This error only shows on Calculations in the stories
- Dimensions and Measures are working fine
- Models can be refreshed
- This issue only happens on some models
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.5.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Open or create a story.
- Create a new Calculation based on an existing measure or open any page containing calculations.
- The error message shows.
The customer is using “model update” and not “data refresh” to refresh their models:
A "model update" wipes all the data from the model including the placeholder calculation members that may be present.
- Affter a model is initially created only a content creator/modeler can use it to create a story
- These roles have the maintain right for the account dimension, however, the content viewer role does not
- When the first story is created that uses the model the account dimension will be updated to have placeholder calculation members (C4A#CALC<N>)
- After the story is saved content viewers can successfully view the story because all the required account dimension members are present.
- A “model refresh” wipes all the data from the model including the placeholder calculation members that may be present.
- If a content creator/modeler is the first to access a story that uses the model the placeholder calculation members will be successfully recreated, and all stories that use that model will work for all users.
- If a content viewer is the first to access a story that uses the model the placeholder calculation members will not be created and the user will see the max calculations exceeded error.
As a Solutiuon Switch your schedule to use "data refresh" rather than "model update" to refresh models.
- An improve error message will be coming up for the case when placeholder calculation members do not exist and with the information. The message could make the messages even more valuable by checking the roles assigned to the current user and giving a more tailored message for content viewer vs content creators/modeler roles.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, All Metric Calculations are no longer functioning. , KBA , calculation, formula, formulas , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem