You create a Supplier Invoice using a date from the past. You are unable to post it due to error message 'You cannot post the invoice on DD:MM:YYYY; this date is blocked for posting in financial accounting'.
In the General Ledger you verified that the relevant period's status is not blocked.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Under Common Tasks select New Invoice without Purchase Order.
- Fill in all the mandatory details and press Post.
The Supplier invoice cannot be posted because of missing process control settings for the posting date of the invoice.
In the process control area it is organized how to process source documents in specific time periods and posting dates.
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Select theCompanies view.
- Select the Company ID of the buying company in the invoice and press Set Process Control.
- In the General Data tab, press Add to add a new Process Control item with Business Process Group:Supplier Invoicing.
- Define dates in the Entry Possible Until, From Posting Date, To Posting Date fields, ensuring that date invoice's posting date DD.MM.YYYY is within the defined time span.
- Press Save and Close.
Once you have maintained a Process Control for, at least source documents of type Supplier Invoice, you will be able to post the supplier invoice on DD.MM.YYYY.
Process Control, Blocked for posting, Period Not Blocked, General Ledger, Supplier Invoice, date is blocked , KBA , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , Problem