- How should we use Knowledge Base Articles in SAP Jam?
- When it is applicable to create a KBA, instead of a Wiki Page?
- How is a KBA structured?
- How can we limit the users with access to the KBA?
- Is it possible to import/export Knowledge Base Articles on SAP Jam?
SAP Jam Collaboration
- The idea of Knowledge Base Articles is that KBAs are used to give directions on how to solve an issue or on how to do something or to provide a specific information in a more structured structure.
- KBAs have sections predetermined in the template. For example, the template for a How-to Article is divided by Description, Step-by-step Instructions and Additional Information.
- Knowledge Base Articles and Wiki Pages can be used interchanged, but the idea is Wiki Pages are intended to be used in a more open situation to provide general information in a less structured structure, while KBAs provide a situation-specific solution or information, as stated above.
- As Wiki Pages, KBAs are group related, they will be created inside a group and their group members will have the access to it depending on the Permissions set during their creation as described below.
To create a KBA:
- Go to the Group where you want to publish the KBA
- Click Knowledge Base on the left bar
- Click +Knowledge Base Article
- Choose the Template to use to create the KBA
- Write each of the KBA sections
- Click Publish
- Then a pop-up will be opened and you will be able to select the Permissions as one of the below to restrict the access to the KBA:
- Hidden: Only the KBA creator and the Group Admins will be able to read or edit the KBA.
- Limited: Any group member will be able to read it, but only the Group Admins and the KBA creator will be able to edit it.
- Full: Everyone on the group will be able to read and edit the KBA.
Q. Is it possible to import/export Knowledge Base Articles on SAP Jam?
A. No, currently there is no feature available to accomplish this request.
SAP Jam Collaboration Administrator Guide > Knowledge base
KB Article, import, export, copy, sync , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-KNB , Knowledge base Issue , How To