- How should we use Knowledge Base Articles on SAP Jam?
- When it is applicable to create a KBA, instead of a Wiki Page;
- How the KBA is structured;
- How can we limit the users with access to the KBA.
SAP Jam Collaboration
The idea of Knowledge Base Articles is that the KBAs are used to give directions on how to solve an issue or on how to do something or to provide a specific information in a more structured structure.
So that the KBAs have the sections predetermined on the template, for example the template for How-to Article is divided on Description, Step-by-step Instructions and Additional Information.
Knowledge Base Articles and Wiki Pages can be used interchanged, but the idea is that Wiki Pages are more intended to be used on more open situation to provide general information in a less structured structure and KBAs to give situation specific solution or information as stated above.
As Wiki Pages, KBAs are group related, they will be created inside a group and their group members will have the access to it depending on the Permissions set during their creation as described below.
To create a KBA, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to the Group where you want to publish the KBA;
- Click Knowledge Base on the left bar;
- Click +Knowledge Base Article;
- Choose the Template to use to create the KBA;
- Write each of the KBA sections;
- Click Publish;
- Then a pop-up will be opened and you will be able to select the Permissions as one of the below to restrict the access to the KBA:
- Hidden: Only the KBA creator and the Group Admins will be able to read or edit the KBA;
- Limited: Any group member will be able to read it, but only the Group Admins and the KBA creator will be able to edit it;
- Full: Everyone on the group will be able to read and edit the KBA.
KB Article , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-KNB , Knowledge base Issue , How To