Can custom fields in time sheet be made mandatory?
Successfactors - Employee Central Time Sheet
Reproducing the Issue
- In Employee Time sheet Entry object, a custom field is created.
- Can the field be made as mandatory?
- Do not define any of your custom fields as required. Required properties are not set for fields in the standard delivery of the Payroll Time Sheet.
- Time sheet entries are automatically generated for employees in certain time recording scenarios. Any custom fields you have implemented in the time sheet which are defined as 'Required' will not be filled during this auto-generation of time sheet entries. This leads to an error. An employee cannot enter any data into the custom field to resolve the error and cannot navigate to another time sheet week either. To resolve this situation and allow the auto-generated entries to be saved to the database, remove the required property from any custom fields you have implemented.
- Please raise an enhancement request by referring the KBA : 2090228 - How to Submit Enhancement Requests for SAP SuccessFactors Products. The product team will review the request and provide enhancements if feasible.
Time Sheet Custom field Mandatory Required , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions