You have set New Serial Number Profile i..e Mandatory on all Logistics and Production Processes for a Product DEF in a relevant product master data and updated the serial number inventory confirming the count tasks. However later sometime when you check the stock overview, no serial number inventory exists.*DEF refers to Product Id
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Physical Inventory Workcenter.
- Go to Common Tasks View.
- Go to Stock Overview.
- Enter the relevant Product ID: DEF.
- Choose Go.
- Here you see that option Open Serial Inventory does not exists.
- Also no relevant serial inventory exists associated with the required Product DEF.
User has changed the Serial Number Profile from New Profile: Mandatory on all Logistics and Production Processes to any other Old Profile hence no more association exists between serial numbers with inventory in the system.
In order to restrict users to make changes to the product master data, follow below steps:
Go to Application and User Management Workcenter.
- Under User and Access Management view, choose Business User subview.
- Find required Business User ID, select it and choose Access Rights via Edit option.
- Navigate to Access Restrictions tab, find PMM_PRODUCTDATA and PMM_MATERIALS under Workcenter View ID.
- Select these views and set the Access Restrictions i..e Write Access as No Access using drop down.
- Choose Save.
- Once it is done, user cannot make changes to any field in the product master data.
Access Restrictions, Open Serial Inventory, product master data, Mandatory on all Logistics and Production Processes, PMM_PRODUCTDATA PMM_MATERIALS , KBA , access restrictions , pmm_productdata pmm_materials , serial number profile , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , Problem