- I am trying to configure an extension in the SuccessFactors extension center but I have come across a permission issue with the Workflow portion of the extension.
- I would like to configure a workflow but an error message is displayed saying "You do not have the permission to view workflows."
- Cannot find Workflow option for permissioning under Manage Foundation Objects section in Permission Roles
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Extension Center
- SuccesSFactors Cloud HCM: Workflow
Reproducing the Issue
- Head to Extension Center
- Select and extension and select the Workflow screen
- The message is displayed
You do not have the permission to view workflows.
Workflow is a Foundation Object. The reason for this error could be due to one the following reasons
- Your instance does not have EC Foundation Objects enabled or
- You do not have the Workflow foundation object configured in your Corporate Data Model in provisioning
- You have the Workflow FO configured, however it has not been permissioned in the required role
Most of the non-EC customers do not have EC Foundation Objects enabled on their instances. However, there is no resctriction on using EC Foundation Objects in a non-EC instance.
Therefore, if you would like to use workflows on custom MDF Extensions/Objects, reach out to your implementation partner team or otherwise Professional Services for making the necessary configurations as this will be a configuration request.
If you already have the Workflow FO already configured, then on the Permission settings page, select > Administrator Permissions > Manage Foundation Objects Types > Workflow , and select the following:
○ View (Note that this is selected by default)
workflows workflow MDF, metadata framework Extension Center , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-WFL , Custom Object based Workflows , LOD-SF-MDF-XC , Extension Center , Problem