You use different UoM for Purchasing and Logistics processes. When posting goods receipt for Purchase Order XXX or during any other logistics process, you notice that the number of decimals displayed is greater than YYY which you have defined in the Business Configuration.
XXX = Purchase Order
YYY = number of decimals set in Business Configuration
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inbound Logistics work center.
- Select Purchase Orders view.
- Search for the Purchase Order XXX.
- Select the Purchase Order XXX.
- Choose Post Goods Receipt.
Notice that the Planned Quantity and the Open Quantity are being displayed with more than YYY decimals.
You can follow the below steps to check the decimals set in the Business Configuration:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Overview view.
- Search for the activity Quantities and Units of Measure.
- Open the activity Quantities and Units of Measure.
- Select Create and Maintain Physical Units.
- Find the Unit of Measure used in Logistics processes.
Under Display Decimals column you can check the YYY decimals.
In the Site Logistics Process, the fine tuning activity is not considered. When the Site Logistics Request gets created, quantity conversion happens from Purchasing UoM to Logistics UOM. When this quantity conversion is done, the value is stored in Site Logistics with the maximum precision and the value flows through the Logistics process.
The system is working as expected in this case, as the Decimals in Logistics processes are displayed with the maximum precision.
UoM Unit of Measure Conversion , KBA , uom , unit of measure , conversion , BW-BEX-OT-OLAP-UOM , Unit Convertion , How To