When creating an offer approval there is a message saying 'Role configured in Offer Detail template could not be resolved to a valid approver' beside one of the approvers.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
Create an offer approval and see the following message:
There is an approval step in the offer detail template that is trying to pull a default user from a role on the job requisition that does not exist.
1. The designator for the role on the approval step must match a role defined in the job requisition template.
For example, in the following Offer Detail Template configuration I have defined a default user for this step with the role 'W'.
2. This means that secondRecruiterName must be configured in the job requisition template because 'W' is the designator for this field (See KBA 2221569 - Recruiting Operators and Designator values)
3. If the role defined in the offer detail template is not defined in the job requisition template then the error 'Role configured in Offer Detail template could not be resolved to a valid approver' will appear.
4. You will have to change the role designator on the offer approval step or add the operator field for the role in the job requisition template.
5. This message will also appear if you do not have a user entered for this role in the job requisition.
Offer Approval, Designator, Offer Approval Step, Role, Offer Detail Template, Default user , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , Problem